Subject: pregenerate docs for a package
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.mai.zwei@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/05/2002 05:07:20
Hi,

would it be acceptable to generate the documentation (HTML from SGML)
and include it in the package instead of depending on other big
packages to generate the HTML pages at build time?

The program in question is mail/rblcheck which requires a 'db2html' command.
This command is contained in a Linux package called docbook-utils
(which we currently do not have) which requires docbook DTDs/stylesheets,
a SGML processor, maybe some gnome documentation tools, whatever...
This seems to be a rather huge overhead to me.

Or should I omit the HTML completely and only install the original SGML
source file and the postscript and rtf formats from the archive?
I guess the HTML files were simply forgotten, because the other formats
_were_ created by similar tools (db2ps, db2rtf) and included in the
archive.

ciao
    Klaus