Subject: Emacs 21
To: None <>
From: Masao Uebayashi <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/26/2002 10:14:57

Long awaited Emacs 21.2 has been finally committed.  Thanks for the

I also have a completed Emacs 21 package, some of whose files are
renamed so that files will avoid confliction with those of Emacs 20.7.
My package is derived from a package posted by Jason Beegan some time

It's good that Emacs 20.x and 21.x can be installed simultaneously, on
the other hand, interface change (new command names, e.g. bin/emacs21)
may confuse users, and package maintainance cost may become bigger.

Now I'm not sure this is truely the way to go for us.  I never mind my
package is not accepted; I would like to see your honest opinions.

Thank you,