Subject: Emacs 21
To: None <drochner@netbsd.org>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/26/2002 10:14:57
Hello,

Long awaited Emacs 21.2 has been finally committed.  Thanks for the
work!

I also have a completed Emacs 21 package, some of whose files are
renamed so that files will avoid confliction with those of Emacs 20.7.
My package is derived from a package posted by Jason Beegan some time
ago.

It's good that Emacs 20.x and 21.x can be installed simultaneously, on
the other hand, interface change (new command names, e.g. bin/emacs21)
may confuse users, and package maintainance cost may become bigger.

Now I'm not sure this is truely the way to go for us.  I never mind my
package is not accepted; I would like to see your honest opinions.

	http://www.re.soum.co.jp/~uebayasi/netbsd/emacs21-20020425.shar
	http://www.re.soum.co.jp/~uebayasi/netbsd/emacs-21.2-seperation-20020425.patch.gz

Thank you,
Masao