Subject: Re: A question about configure's
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/19/2002 09:30:53
On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 05:21:03PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm packaging grip. To get it, I have needed to write a buildlink.mk
> for the cdparanoia package; this package installs header files in
> ${LOCALBASE}/include/cdparanoia which is ok. Although, grip's configure
> program is not finding them.
>
> A solution would be to make the buildlink.mk to "move" files from the
> cdparanoia subdirectory directly to include. I find this solution ugly.

It's ugly but possible.  I'll tell you how if the the other way I suggest
doesn't work.

> The other solution is to make the configure script to find them when
> they really are... but I don't know the right way to do it. I guess
> that pkgsrc system currently has a way to do it. But, how?

You could add something like the following to the package Makefile:

CPPFLAGS+=	-I${BUILDLINK_DIR}/include/cdparanoia

This should allow the typical GNU configure script to find the headers.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>