Subject: Re: pkg_add save package
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/19/2002 03:53:30
On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I think it would be useful if pkg_add had an option to save packages
> retrieved via ftp (instead of just temporary in tmp directory).

pkg_add does NOT save the package in tmp directory!
It extracts the binary pkg downloaded right away (into the staging area).

> Then when you have problems or need to reinstall it will be quicker (by
> having it early in PKG_PATH).
> What do you all think?

This raises some questions about consistency and aborted pkg downloads,
but it might be worthwhile to have that. Feel free to send patches. :)

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->