Subject: Motif-using packages moving from ${X11BASE} to ${LOCALBASE}
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/16/2002 20:11:11
I will be making a change to motif.buildlink.mk to remove the automatic
setting of USE_X11BASE.  This is simply because if a package uses Motif, it
doesn't necessarily need to live in the same tree as Motif.  The following
packages will be affected by this change in that they will move from
${X11BASE} to ${LOCALBASE} (on systems without xpkgwedge, of course):

	cad/dinotrace
	cad/electric
	devel/ddd
	editors/nedit
	editors/xemacs-current
	editors/xemacs
	graphics/Ngraph
	graphics/dx
	graphics/geomview
	graphics/xmbdfed
	math/grace
	math/xmgr
	print/mgv
	time/plan
	www/amaya

Are there packages in this list that really should be in ${X11BASE}?
Please note that none of these packages install app-defaults files.  I'm
inclined to move them all to ${LOCALBASE}.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>