Subject: Re: editors/xemacs and editors/xemacs-packages look kinda hosed.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mario Kemper <magick@zhadum.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/16/2002 21:39:44
Micha³ Pasternak <doc@lublin.t1.pl> writes:

> Tom Spindler [Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 02:31:49PM -0700]:
> > With a completely clean editors/{xemacs,xemacs-packages} install,
> > xemacs is unable to find the xemacs-packages-intalled files -
> > e.g. cc-mode can't be loaded without manually specifying the path.
>
> Well, I bothered magick about the same thing. Just put sample init files to
> your ~/.xemacs directory. DISPLAY should tell you something about that.
>
> Also, it is nice to have xemacs-packages installed. On xemacs-current it
> works o.k., but on xemacs-stable you have move the xemacs-packages from
> /usr/pkg/share to /usr/X11R6/share (or something). Use xemacs -debug-paths
> to check. I also informed magick about that, kind of like few week ago.

A PR is always a good thing as i tend to forget such kind of things from
time to time. The problem is, that i use xpgwedge which installs everything
into /usr/pkg/. It seems that the different xemacs packages are out of sync
regarding the installation dir. I'll take a look into this.
The second thing, xemacs-packages is absolutely needed for the internal
package system to work. This should be handled in pkgsrc, too, which is also
on my todo list.
--
Mario Kemper
magick@zhadum.de