Subject: Re: editors/xemacs and editors/xemacs-packages look kinda hosed.
To: Tom Spindler <dogcow@babymeat.com>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <doc@lublin.t1.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/15/2002 21:34:34
Tom Spindler [Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 02:31:49PM -0700]:
> With a completely clean editors/{xemacs,xemacs-packages} install,
> xemacs is unable to find the xemacs-packages-intalled files -
> e.g. cc-mode can't be loaded without manually specifying the path.

Well, I bothered magick about the same thing. Just put sample init files to
your ~/.xemacs directory. DISPLAY should tell you something about that.

Also, it is nice to have xemacs-packages installed. On xemacs-current it
works o.k., but on xemacs-stable you have move the xemacs-packages from
/usr/pkg/share to /usr/X11R6/share (or something). Use xemacs -debug-paths
to check. I also informed magick about that, kind of like few week ago.

--
/* Micha³ Pasternak, http://pasternak.w.lub.pl, +48606570000 */