Subject: How to call -config programs
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2002 22:17:32

Hi all

I'm packaging gkrellm-volume, which needs gtk and imlib. I've added
the buildlink lines for them. The original Makefile calls scripts
with `gtk-config --something` or `imlib-config --something`. But,
is this ok? I mean... will the makefile find *ALWAYS* the right
config program?

I guess that buildlink's will change path to point first at the
buildlink directory, so this is no problem. But maybe is a better
way to do this, by replacing gtk-config by some variable...

So, if you can enlighten me with some idea... ;)

BTW, you can find the current package (maybe not finished) here:
If you can review it...

Of course it runs NetBSD -
HispaBSD member -
Julio Merino <>