Subject: pkg_info seeing what make doesn't
To: None <>
From: William J. Coldwell <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2002 11:17:58
I updated a few days stale pkgsrc and started to build gnome and I noticed:

===> Required package gdk-pixbuf>=0.11.0nb1: NOT found

gdk-pixbuf-0.11.0nb1 the GNOME image loading library

===> Required package perl>=5.0: NOT found

perl-5.6.1nb7       Practical Extraction and Report Language

So I'm confused as to why pkgs that are installed are now being recompiled
again.  schmonz suggested something about the dewey comparison.

I'll file a PR if I'm not doing something obviously wrong, or forgot to
update something ;).

   The NetBSD Project - - Of course it runs NetBSD.
     Open. Portable. Interoperable. Secure. Practical. Standard. Free.