Subject: Re: make package -- single tree -- multiple arches
To: None <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/12/2002 10:54:00
>I typically use:
># uses work.`hostname`

got that.  that's good for keeping concurrent builds separated.

># where to put binary pkgs
>in /etc/mk.conf

right.  see, i could do that, but i was trying to keep my mk.conf file
consistent between all my machines, and i don't have pkgsrc in the
same place on all machines.  it seems to me, now, that

will do what i want, because pkgsrc is insistent on creating the path
if it doesn't exist.  that's fine.  it's just a little different than
my expericence with with BSDOBJDIR which *has* to exist (although the
paths under it will get created) in order for stuff to work.