Subject: Re: make package -- single tree -- multiple arches
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/12/2002 10:54:00
>I typically use:
>
># uses work.`hostname`
>OBJHOSTNAME=	yes

got that.  that's good for keeping concurrent builds separated.

># where to put binary pkgs
>PACKAGES=	/some/path/packages/${LOWER_OPSYS}-${OS_VERSION}/${MACHINE_ARCH}
>
>in /etc/mk.conf

right.  see, i could do that, but i was trying to keep my mk.conf file
consistent between all my machines, and i don't have pkgsrc in the
same place on all machines.  it seems to me, now, that

	PACKAGES=${_PKGSRCDIR}/packages/${MACHINE}-${OS_VERSION}

will do what i want, because pkgsrc is insistent on creating the path
if it doesn't exist.  that's fine.  it's just a little different than
my expericence with with BSDOBJDIR which *has* to exist (although the
paths under it will get created) in order for stuff to work.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|