Subject: Re: Making aumix X independant
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/07/2002 16:44:18

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 10:31:54AM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> Julio Merino <> writes:
> I don't think that either of these are good ideas. The number of
> different ways to build a package should be as small as possible, so
> that a binary package can be trusted to have certain comments.
> In your example, I think it would be bad if there could be multiple
> "aumix-2.7.tgz" packages, some of which used GTK and some of which did
> not. The multi-package separation that you see with vim (vim
> vs. vim-gtk vs. vim-xaw) or mtr (mtr vs. mtr-gtk) is a better way to
> handle this.

Right, this seems the right way to go... So, I should do the following

1. Move current's aumix to aumix-gtk.
2. Create a new aumix port to not use gtk. Possibly add here a
   Makefile.common, which I've seen in other packages, to maintaint both
   pkgsrc's in sync.

>         - Nathan

Of course it runs NetBSD -
Netiquete (spanish):