Subject: Making aumix X independant
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <slink@unixbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/06/2002 21:10:56
--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

First of all, hello everybody because I'm new to de list.

I'm just starting learning to do packages. But before doing my own
new package, I would like to improve some of the existing ones.

The first I want to modify is aumix. It depends by default on gtk,
a thing that I do not like. It would be better to have an option to
do that.

I mean, in FreeBSD you can do something like this (like xchat):
# make WITHOUT_GNOME=3Dyes
which builds the package without gnome.

In OpenBSD I've seen some packages (like emacs) where you can do:
# env NO_X11=3Dyes make
which is more or less the same.

So, I want to be able to do in NetBSD a similar thing with aumix,
but I'm wondering the best way. Maybe it's already implemented in
the package system, though I'm not aware of it. It would be nice
to do:
/usr/pkgsrc/audio/aumix# make WITHOUT_X11=3Dyes
and have it compiling. But I see some packages where these options
are splitted up in different packages. For example: vim, vim-gtk,
vim-etc...

So, what should I do?

Thanks!

--=20