Subject: Re: maildir(5) problem
To: Klaus Heinz <klaus.heinz@onlinehome.de>
From: None <jakym@volny.cz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/05/2002 23:45:34
> > I was in the process of adding serialmail (http://cr.yp.to/serialmail.html)
> > to pkgsrc when I noted that it contains the maildir(5) manpage, which is
> > included in qmail as well. Now, what should be done?
>
> The PLIST from my serialmail-0.75-package-work-in-progress does not show
> maildir.5, so I believe it is not used for the installation.

Ah, you're right. It's in the tarball, but doesn't get installed. Stupid
me ;).

> I worked around this with patches that rename the 'setlock' program and its
> man page to 'setlock-sm' (and of course all references to 'setlock' in the
> source code).

This is not ideal either. Maybe serialmail should depend on qmail? It
wouldn't make many people unhappy I imagine. Alternatively setlock
could get it's own package, which would be somewhat silly, but a bit
cleaner I believe.

It might be quite useful to have a simple way of sharing files between
multiple pkgs. Were there any discussions on this topic?

Regards,
	-- Jachym _Freza_ Holecek