Subject: Re: Question about mail/cyrus-imap
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/05/2002 21:15:56
>This is possibly a problem with perl and not with cyrus.  Are you able to
>dynamically load other perl modules?  Also, is it possible for you to provide
>a log of a "make build" in mail/cyrus-imapd?  I'd like to check how certain
>bits of Cyrus are compiled and built on your sparc.

I read this wrong the first time, and added "CFLAGS+=-fPIC" to all of the
Makefiles in the tree (both the mail/cyrus-imap/Makefile and the
 mail/cyrus-imap/work tree, not just the base one.

Good news is that it worked, and the cyradm tool now loads and appears
to function as expected.  Once I've finished the paper I'm on I'll test
to see which ones it's really required in. I'll let the list know once
I've figured that out.

Thank you very much for the help!

-Sean