Subject: Re: Question about mail/cyrus-imap (Resend)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2002 14:31:12
(The original message didn't come through the list, I assume because
of it's size.  This is the message again with the build output removed
and placed on a web site.)

>> The package was built succesfully, I was able to configure it and get
>> the master process and sasl running w/o any problems.  But any attempt
>> to use the cyradm tool results in the errors below.  Any ideas? This
>> is on NetBSD 1.5.2/sparc.
>
>This looks like the same problem as reported in pkg/16089, but this is on
>NetBSD/sparc, and not sparc64, correct?

Correct, I havn't put NetBSD on any of the sparc64 systems yet (that's next,
but they are overkill for a mail server.) Yes, the problem does seem
similar.  I looked through the lists and there appear to be other problems
that actually report a symbol (insted of "") and it might be a perl problem.

I've tried building the Perl modules by hand in the work tree and still get
the same error with the "make test".

>This is possibly a problem with perl and not with cyrus.  Are you able to
>dynamically load other perl modules?  Also, is it possible for you to provide
>a log of a "make build" in mail/cyrus-imapd?  I'd like to check how certain
>bits of Cyrus are compiled and built on your sparc.

The information is below, but here is a strangeness I ran in to during
the build.  It complained that Perl and the config package did not agree
on the platform, but here is what the error reported:

Your perl and your Config.pm seem to have different ideas about the architecturethey are running on.
Perl thinks: [sparc-netbsd]
Config says: [sparc-netbsd]

Those look the same to me, so I don't know what was causing the error.

I build Mail-Sendmail-0.78 from CPAN and attempted to call it from a script
on the same system, make test worked and sent mail w/o issues.  So it does
appear that the Perl package can use modules. I don't have any other code I
can use to test and see if Perl can load .so files though, and that could
be a different matter.

Here are the stats on my system:
mail1# uname -a
NetBSD mail1.workofstone.net 1.5.2 NetBSD 1.5.2 (netbsd_sparc5_1.5.2) #0: Thu Mar 21 23:25:45 PST 2002     root@:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/netbsd_sparc5_1.5.2 sparc

It is a Sun Sparc 5/110 w/265mb RAM

The output for the build can be seen at:

http://www.schluntz.com/sean/cyrus_build.txt