Subject: Re: two questions about print/xpdf
To: None <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/02/2002 23:08:10
In message <20020402204818.B16028@rxgpc.sparqnet.net>
	on Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:48:18 +0800,
	Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw> wrote:
> > I prefer make those additional files as separate packages.
>
> What do you think the pkg name?
Simply, they could come from their distname.

	xpdf-chinese-simplified.tar.gz
	xpdf-chinese-traditional.tar.gz
	xpdf-cyrillic.tar.gz
	xpdf-greek.tar.gz
	xpdf-japanese.tar.gz
	xpdf-korean.tar.gz
	xpdf-thai.tar.gz

And do `basename $1 .tar.gz`.

> Do we need to split it into several pkgs for each language?
> How about just add a option in the Makefile of original pkg,
> something like XPDF_USE_MULTILINGUAL ?
Yes, there are two way, one large xpdf package and separate language
support package.  I prefer latter but oppose former.

> (because it will need to fix the /usr/pkg/etc/xpdfrc file)
Some script hack could be done.

> > >    ps1. these CMap files seem should share with GNU gs-6.53. X-)
> > I don't know in detail.
>
> I think this is because we not yet have gs-6.53. :)
I see.  Then we think it when gs-6.53 comes.

> I will create new one, then send-pr.
> If someone wants to handle this, please file a mail to stop me, thanks.
>
> Thanks for your answer!
You are welcome!

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>