Subject: xemacs
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/01/2002 21:25:20
So, the latest xemacs includes motif.buildlink.mk.

This sets USE_X11BASE which makes xemacs install into $X11BASE

Unfortunately the xemacs-packages don't follow this and nothing syncs up
correctly after that.

1. Why does the motif buildlink force everything into $X11BASE?
   x11.buildlink.mk doesn't do this and I don't think motif should either.
   I should be able to link against the motif libs without requiring my
   package to end up under $X11BASE

2. Whats the best way to fix all this? Short of undef'ing USE_X11BASE or
   resetting it after including motif.buildlink.mk the only other real
   solution seems to be to move xemacs-packages into $X11BASE as well.

Thoughts?

James