Subject: trying to build gcompris-1.0.2 package
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2002 20:00:43
I am building a gcompris-1.0.2 package. gcompris is a set of educational
activities for young children. gcompris website is at
http://www.ofset.org/gcompris/

My pkgsrc for it (not working yet) is at
http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/netbsd/packages/gcompris.tar.gz (2523 bytes)

The output of "make" is at
http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/netbsd/packages/gcompris-make.txt (104401
bytes)

And the output of the successful "make install" is at
http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/netbsd/packages/gcompris-make-install.txt
(52559 bytes)
I had to patch the makefile because the installer wants a find -printf
switch. (My exclude fix is not right.)

Anyways, when running it, I receive:

$ gcompris
gcompris_set_locale requested en got (null)
Can't resolve host name "unix"!
Message: scan_plugins /home/reed/.gcompris/Plugins/
Message: scan_plugins /usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/
/usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libalgebra.so: Undefined PLT symbol
"gcompris_score_start" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 12)

... and many more ...

/usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libshapegame.so: Undefined PLT symbol
"convertUTF8Toisolat1" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 85)
/usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libtarget.so: Undefined PLT symbol "board_finished"
(reloc type = 7, symnum = 40)
/usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libwordsgame.so: Undefined PLT symbol
"gcompris_score_start" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 26)

** ERROR **: Cant't find the menu board or plugin execution error
aborting...
Abort trap (core dumped)

Each of these libraries need to be linked against a shared library
containing these or they need to be included in them. But I am not sure
how or where to start.

For example, ldd of /usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libalgebra.so doesn't show any
other gcompris libraries.

Anyone using gcompris?

Anyone interested in helping?

Any ideas on how I can make each of these libraries build with the correct
libraries linked in?

My package still needs a better PLIST. I don't have
/usr/pkg/share/gcompris/* in it yet.

(By the way, I never installed or gcompris before; I thought it would be
easier to build using pkgsrc. I am excited to use it -- it has spanish
and french lessons.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/