Subject: Re: package request: if-hp
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2002 16:05:48
On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 11:29:09AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
  | On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Luke Mewburn wrote:
  | > I'd like to be able to use that as a print filter instead of using
  | > the inbuild lpd on my JetDirect card, because the latter has
  | > flaky lpd emulation.
  |
  | Please test:
  |
  | 	http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/ifhp.tgz
  |
  | Commit it if you want... :)

I had a look.  There's one annoying issue with the package install in
that it copies an existing  /usr/pkg/etc/ifhp.conf  to
/usr/pkg/etc/ifhp.conf.YYYY_MMM_DD_HH:MM:SS  which is quite annoying.

The urgency for this package to me has been significantly reduced
after someone (Michael Richardson?) reminded me about the lp=port@host
syntax in our printcap(5), so instead of
	rm=jetdirect-host
I now use:
	lp=9100@jetdirect-host

Thanks for making the effort in creating the package in any case.

Luke.