Subject: PyXML and 4Suite in pkgsrc
To: None <>
From: Daniel Mercer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2002 11:22:55

I have created a pkgsrc package for the 4Suite python XML toolkit.
This is a particularly handy set of python packages which includes
XSLT, XPATH, and DOM implementations.

The homepage for 4Suite is located at:

The source package I have built is at:

I would like this package to eventually be included in pkgsrc,
but don't know how to cleanly handle how it installs with
Py-XML. The problem is that 4Suite updates (overwrites) the
XSLT implementation included in the Py-XML package.

How should I handle this in a way that won't break PyXML if
the 4Suite package is deleted? Should I backup the PyXML
files prior to installing 4Suite?

The package I made is for the last 'release' of 4Suite, 0.11.1.

Dan M.