Subject: PyXML and 4Suite in pkgsrc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Mercer <dmercer@fantoccini.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2002 11:22:55
Greetings,

I have created a pkgsrc package for the 4Suite python XML toolkit.
This is a particularly handy set of python packages which includes
XSLT, XPATH, and DOM implementations.

The homepage for 4Suite is located at:
http://www.4suite.org/.

The source package I have built is at:
http://hubris.fantoccini.com/py-4suite.tgz

I would like this package to eventually be included in pkgsrc,
but don't know how to cleanly handle how it installs with
Py-XML. The problem is that 4Suite updates (overwrites) the
XSLT implementation included in the Py-XML package.

How should I handle this in a way that won't break PyXML if
the 4Suite package is deleted? Should I backup the PyXML
files prior to installing 4Suite?

The package I made is for the last 'release' of 4Suite, 0.11.1.

Regards,

Dan M.