Subject: Re: galeon-1.2.0 build fails
To: NetBSD GNATS submissions and followups <gnats-bugs@gnats.netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/20/2002 15:08:59
[ On Wednesday, March 20, 2002 at 10:02:15 (-0800), Daniel Senderowicz wrote: ]
> Subject: galeon-1.2.0 build fails
>

> >Fix:

I think perhaps it is necessary and desirable to bump the PKGREVISION of
devel/glib despite the effort this will require of those tracking
pkgsrc-current (including myself).

I think the patching hack in the buildlink.mk file is just that -- a hack.

I'd rather re-build everything requiring glib than to find out at some
much later date that this hack causes other problems elsewhere.

It's also not going to fix any attempt to build the likes of galeon in
/usr/local while using /usr/pkg for libraries.  I don't know how many
people do that kind of thing, but I sure do when I'm working on other
non-pkgsrc related changes to something.....

--
								Greg A. Woods