Subject: www/galeon vs. gconf
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/19/2002 19:17:38
So, after getting galeon (1.2.0) to build I've been using it almost
exclusively as my web browser -- I do quite like the user interface.

Unfortunately it still suffers the same crash bugs as Mozilla, plus a
few more.  This wouldn't be quite such a bad problem (it starts a lot
faster for me than Mozilla), but unfortunately it doesn't seem to save
many of its preferences.  Some things seem to be saved, but presumably
only the mozilla-related things (I have a ~/.galeon/mozilla/galeon/prefs.js)

Supposedly (according to the GNOME Bugzilla DB) there should be a
"gconf" thing to save the GNOME-related preferences.  I don't have such
a thing, nor do I yet know where it comes from, nor can I find a package
for it, at least not with the most obvious "echo /usr/pkgsrc/*/*gconf*"

Shouldn't galeon depend upon some package that contains this gconf thing?

(and no, I don't run a GNOME-compiant window manager, and no, I don't
want to run one.... :-))

--
								Greg A. Woods