Subject: dlopen problem
To: None <>
From: Rui-Xiang Guo <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/2002 16:42:37
Hi, all.
When I compiled some applications, I got these warning:

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lXinerama.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

Hm, some libraries in /usr/X11R6/lib still are static.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module xineplug_vo_out_xshm.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

Then I add -dlopen when linking:
libtool: link: libraries can `-dlopen' only libtool libraries: .libs/yuv2rgb.o
*** Error code 1

Could someone please explain this? Thanks!