Subject: Re: bin-install broken?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/15/2002 12:27:41
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> # make -d m bin-install 2>&1 | tee LOG2
> Trying
> ftp: connect to address 3ffe:8050:201:1860:2a0:c9ff:feed:b7ea: No route to
> host
> pkg_add: can't find package 'exim-3.34.tgz'
> Examining bin-install...non-existent...non-existent and no
> sources...out-of-date.
> update time to now: 19:00:00 Dec 31, 1969

I'm not familiar with make debug output myself either, but it seems it's
not finding a target or so. Can you check your /etc/mk.conf files?
Maybe move it aside as a first step, and see what happens.

> I meant to try DEPENDS_TARGET, but I am not sure if that is needed. (I had
> used "TARGET", because I thought it would force the dependencies to also
> use binary packages if available -- I guess it wasn't needed.)

setting DEPENDS_TARGET makes sense so required pkgs are tried as binary
pkgs first. Maybe that shold be done from ...

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->