Subject: Playing DVDs in NetBSD
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2002 20:58:14
Hi, I have a DVD-ROM drive that NetBSD supports just fine, and want to be
able to play DVDs. DeCSS seems to be able to get the "disc key" and
authenticate the disc, but it can't get the title keys. So, I can't
descramble the vob files to play with mplayer.

I have a dvd that isn't scrambled (some music videos), and I can play the
vobs on that just fine. But I can't figure out how to play normal dvds that
are css-ified.

Is there any software out there that will let me do this?

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive