Subject: autoconf-devel vs autoconf-2.13
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2002 00:24:56
So...I need to patch configure.in in wm/icewm.

This requires autoconf 2.50 or greater which autoconf-devel provides...Except
that -devel conflicts with autoconf 2.13

Checking the Makefile I see only snmp and snns really care right now:

net/ucd-snmp/Makefile:BUILD_DEPENDS+=   autoconf-2.13:../../devel/autoconf
math/snns/Makefile:BUILD_DEPENDS+=      autoconf-2.13:../../devel/autoconf

So...whats the recommended way to fix this? I can't put both autoconf's on
right now and if I install 2.5 those 2 packages won't be able to build anymore.

Just patch configure right now until those everything is checked out for
working with autoconf 2.50 and it's switched over as the default?

James