Subject: autoconf-devel vs autoconf-2.13
To: None <>
From: James Chacon <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2002 00:24:56
So...I need to patch in wm/icewm.

This requires autoconf 2.50 or greater which autoconf-devel provides...Except
that -devel conflicts with autoconf 2.13

Checking the Makefile I see only snmp and snns really care right now:

net/ucd-snmp/Makefile:BUILD_DEPENDS+=   autoconf-2.13:../../devel/autoconf
math/snns/Makefile:BUILD_DEPENDS+=      autoconf-2.13:../../devel/autoconf

So...whats the recommended way to fix this? I can't put both autoconf's on
right now and if I install 2.5 those 2 packages won't be able to build anymore.

Just patch configure right now until those everything is checked out for
working with autoconf 2.50 and it's switched over as the default?