Subject: glpk/py-glpk
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: kent <kent@goathill.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/07/2002 17:33:36
I recently used url2pkg to create a package for the glpk (GNU Linear
Programming Kit). This is simply a library of routines in ansi c.
I also used swig to create a first order python shared library
wrapper for glpk with no bells/whistles.

I have no idea if either of these is worth adding to the pkg library,
but I thought I'd mention that it was pretty trivial to build the
glpk package.

The std glpk makefile doesn't build a shared library and since I
use swig to create one that I use with Python, I don't need one
for glpk. I didn't build a pkg for the python wrapper since I'm
not sure of the proper way to handle a couple of configuration
issues, or where to store the swig configuration files, etc.  I
did use a std Python setup.py module to build the shared library
wrapper and it works for both NetBSD and Solaris.

If interested, contact me.

The Makefile I used for building glpk in conjunction with url2pkg:
# $NetBSD$
#

DISTNAME=       glpk-3.0.5
CATEGORIES=     math
MASTER_SITES=   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/

MAINTAINER=
HOMEPAGE=       http://www.gnu.org/software/glpk/glpk.html
COMMENT=        library for solving linear programming problems

GNU_CONFIGURE=  YES

.include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk"