Subject: Re: new package (pkgver)
To: Sean Davis <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/05/2002 19:39:40

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 01:21:00PM -0500, Sean Davis wrote:
> I am about to submit a new package I just wrote for addition to
> pkgsrc, and want/need clarification on a few things.
> 1 - where can I find a doc that outlines exactly what I need to do? I
>     presume somewhere on, I'm about to look
>     after I send this.
> 2 - my code is in a local CVS repository, should I remove rcs ids from the
>     files that will be in the package, or leave them since they only mean
>     anything to my local rep?

the information you need is described in pkgsrc/Packages.txt

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
--                  <>   e-mail in gratuitous HTML and  \ /=
--                                       Microsoft proprietary formats   X =
-- PGPkey:                                  / \=
-- Key Fingerprint: DBEC 8BEC 9A90 ECEC 0FEF  716E 59CE B70B 7E3B 70E2     =

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see