Subject: buildlink and .la files
To: None <>
From: Martti Kuparinen <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/05/2002 09:31:58

I'm updating the apache-current package which depends on expat.
I get the following files in to work/.buildlink/lib:

dhcp118:/usr/pkgsrc/www/apache-current> ls work/.buildlink/lib/

As you can see, there's no .la file. Is this correct or is there
a bug in pkgsrc/mk/* which ignores .la files?

As the result, apache won't build:

uildlink/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -o dftables  dftables.lo -lm -lcrypt /work/netbsd/pkgsrc/www/apache-current/work/.buildlink/lib/
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/work/netbsd/pkgsrc/www/apache-current/work/.buildlink/lib/'
gmake[3]: *** [dftables] Error 1

All ideas about "the correct solution" are welcome...

Martti Kuparinen <>      NetBSD - No media hype