Subject: Re: OK to remove "check-depends"?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/04/2002 16:05:27
[ On Monday, March 4, 2002 at 14:50:17 (-0600), Frederick Bruckman wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: OK to remove "check-depends"?
>
> "extract" still depends on "install-depends", so no joy there.

Hmmm... That's what I was afraid you might say.  Any chance we can get
rid of that hook too?  It doesn't seem to make any sense.

> If you
> just want to extract to look around, "do-fetch do-extract" will do
> that,

This is more or less what I've been doing to this point, but even though
I know the internals somewhat I'd rather not train myself to generally
use their undocumented parts on a regular basis....

> but as that makes no flag files you'll end up extracting again
> if you go on to make the package.

I can live with that for now....

--
								Greg A. Woods