Subject: vim, ncurses, and darwin
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Latham <rob@terizla.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/2002 03:33:39
I'm trying to build vim on Darwin. vim brings in ncurses.buildlink,
but when i build on Darwin, some confiugre tests fail like this:

configure:5301: cc -pipe -o conftest -g -I/var/tmp/editors/vim/work.powerpc/.bui ldlink/include  -I/usr/local/include  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lncurses 1>& 5
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lncurses

Evidently CFLAGS is getting the right buildlink information, but i
cannot find where that's getting set, nor can i find how to make
LDFLAGS get the buildlink information it needs at the configure step.

Thanks for any assistance
==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Woodridge, IL USA
EAE8 DE90 85BB 526F 3181                   1FCF 51C4 B6CB 08CC 0897