Subject: vim, ncurses, and darwin
To: None <>
From: Rob Latham <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/03/2002 03:33:39
I'm trying to build vim on Darwin. vim brings in ncurses.buildlink,
but when i build on Darwin, some confiugre tests fail like this:

configure:5301: cc -pipe -o conftest -g -I/var/tmp/editors/vim/work.powerpc/.bui ldlink/include  -I/usr/local/include  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lncurses 1>& 5
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lncurses

Evidently CFLAGS is getting the right buildlink information, but i
cannot find where that's getting set, nor can i find how to make
LDFLAGS get the buildlink information it needs at the configure step.

Thanks for any assistance

Rob Latham                                        Woodridge, IL USA
EAE8 DE90 85BB 526F 3181                   1FCF 51C4 B6CB 08CC 0897