Subject: Korean support of CJK package completed
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/28/2002 08:54:07
Hi, all.
maybe only Korean people interesting in this mail. :)
CJK is a LaTeX2e macro package which enables the use of
CJK scripts (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) in various encodings.
It seems to also include Thai support.
See also:
	http://cjk.ffii.org/
If you are familiar with TeX/LaTeX/teTeX, it would be a useful package.
Here is a KS.ps which be converted on my system from KS.tex.
You can preview it at:
	http://cgi.educities.edu.tw/rxghome/KS.ps
(Although I do not understand what it contains. ;))
However, if you want to try it on your system, I show you some simple steps:
1. First, you would need Baekmuk TrueType fonts. Put them into
   ${X11PREFIX}/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType.
   Maybe we need another package:
	http://cgi.educities.edu.tw/rxghome/netbsd/pkg/baekmukttf.tar.gz ;)
2. To fetch CJK package:
	http://cgi.educities.edu.tw/rxghome/netbsd/pkg/CJK.tar.gz
   then unpack it into /usr/pkgsrc/print
3. To fix CJK/Makefile, enable CJK_USE_KFONTS and disable CJK_USE_CFONTS, :)
   then type "make && make install".
4. To test it, do following:
   % cp /usr/pkg/share/examples/CJK/KS.tex ~/
   % vi KS.tex
   To change "\begin{CJK}{KS}{}" line with "\begin{CJK}{KS}{dr}".
   % latex KS.tex
   % xdvi KS.dvi
   % dvips KS.dvi -o KS.ps
   % gv KS.ps

TODO:
   Add Japanese support into the package if need.

COMMENTS:
   Of course, it already has Chinese Big5/GB support in the package. :)
   It is derived from FreeBSD's ports and has be improved.

-rxg