Subject: Re: Faulty php-4.1.1?
To: Torelli Paolo <paolo.torelli@students.univr.it>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/27/2002 10:02:43
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 11:27:11AM +0100, Torelli Paolo wrote:
> Markus Illenseer wrote:
>
> >>AFAIK, preg_match() is a built-in, why do I get this error?
> >  preg_match() is not build-in, it is a seperate module for PHP and must be
> > installed with the /devel/php4-pcre package. Same applied for other
> > modules like imap, gd, database, etc.
>
> Oh, well, wow.
> How could I know?
> I sure couldn't find it written anywhere when I installed the www/php
> package (www??!?), a quick note would surely help.
> I'd vote for the php-complete (meta-pkg?) too, or an option in mk.conf,
> or in the makefile. Silence is not a good solution IMHO

Note that when the PHP package is installed, it says:

$NetBSD: MESSAGE,v 1.2 2002/01/11 22:27:05 jlam Exp $

To process PHP scripts, you will need a PHP-enabled HTTP server.  You may
either configure the HTTP server to use PHP as a CGI program, or install a
PHP module for your HTTP server, e.g. ap-php4.

Some additional packages you may wish to install are:

        php4-dba        DBM databases access
        php4-pcre       Perl-compatible regular expressions
        php4-posix      PHP4 extension for POSIX-like functions
        php4-session    session ID support
        php4-xml        expat XML parser

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>