Subject: Re: fetching after an interupted or corrupted download
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2002 19:58:19
    Date:        Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:21:56 +0100
    From:        Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>

  | Arg, please not.
  |
  | There are a lot of big distfiles in pkgsrc and doing a touch $DISTFILE
  | makes it possible to still do a make fetch in pkgsrc, without fetching this
  | big files.

Agree completely.

My distfile fetch method relies upon "corrupted" distfiles not being
fetched automatically (that is, I fetch on a system with limited space,
and then transfer to a system with no direct net connection - then I
"> ${distfile}" on the system that did the fetch.)

This way the distfiles all look to be present when I "make fetch".

No objection if "make extract" detects a broken distfile and refetches it
(with or without an attempt to fetch the remainder if it looks just truncated).

kre