Subject: Re: Heads up! New texinfo handling framework in pkgsrc
To: None <>
From: Stoned Elipot <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2002 12:25:42

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 08:13:38PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> Seems neat, though I've not looked at mk/ closely.  Thanks
> for the job!

You're welcome. Anyway much of the ugliest bits in mk/ are
for dealing for old-style configure's and's.

> One thing which comes to my mind hearing Texinfo is about the option
> '--no-split' for makeinfo.  Nothing is documented about this, but I
> believe there's a implicit consensus to use it where appropriate.  How
> about adding MAKEINFO_ARGS and make it default to '--no-split'?

Not sure is `--no-split' should be inforced by pkgsrc/mk/something.
I think this is more a per pkg issue -what drives its need ? Is the default
size (70k) above which infos are splitted is considered too low ?
And I guess per pkg patches should be better on this topic. I may be wrong.

Cheers, Stoned.