Subject: install-info --remove
To: None <>
From: Masao Uebayashi <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2002 20:02:43

Emacs 21 has two Info entries 'CC Mode' and 'Emacs FAQ', both of which
include a space in its entry name so that install-info can't remove
these entries properly if invoked with --remove.  I think of this as a
bug of Texinfo, but I need a work around for this not to demand users
to update their install-info...

In other words, I need a shell script which can change

  * Emacs FAQ: (faq). Frequently Asked Questions about Emacs.

  * Emacs-FAQ: (faq). Frequently Asked Questions about Emacs.
Looking forward to seeing a suggestion from you Unix gurus. :-)