Subject: Re: Proposed fix for fetch-list recursion
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/24/2002 09:17:16
On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 05:59:07AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> > The entire patch may be viewed at
> >
> > 	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/fredb/fetch-list.diff
> >
> > I'll commit Monday, unless someone raises an objection before then.
>
> - you don't see which pkg directory corresponds to fetch:
>
> #
> # Fetch files for gtkmserv-0.5.2:
> #
>
> That should be changed to something like this:
>
> #
> # Fetch files for audio/gtkmserv (gtkmserv-0.5.2):
> #

OK, I'll make it do that.

> - it is no longer possible to do a make fetch in a pkg directory,
>   nor even in a subdir under pkgsrc.

Ack! I guess trying to give dual character to "fetch" and "fetch-list"
(when called from a pkg directory or from the top) is too ambitious.
How if I just leave fetch and fetch-list to recurse in every
directory, and just add a top-level "fetch-list-no-recurse", which
would be the usual way to write a script to fetch all the files?

Thanks for your comments.

Frederick