Subject: Re: install/15572: /etc/mk.conf (among other things)
To: None <,>
From: Havard Eidnes <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/23/2002 17:26:51

Chris Pinnock (on CC line) reported the problem that on a freshly
installed NetBSD system (in his case 1.5.3_ALPHA), the daily
insecurity report will report /etc/mk.conf as missing.  If I've
understood correctly, this is because that file is listed in

NetBSD 1.5.3_ALPHA does not ship that file (it's not in the set lists,
not in the basesrc/etc/ directory, and not installed after a "make
release" in the $DESTDIR/etc/ directory).  However, the file and its
format *is* documented in mk.conf(5).

Further digging reveals that /etc/mk.conf would not be part of any
-current snapshot either, for the same reasons as above.

I'm wondering whether this is intentional, or whether we should be
shipping a mostly-empty /etc/mk.conf which simply contains a pointer
to the manual page.

- H=E5vard