Subject: Re: fetching after an interupted or corrupted download
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/22/2002 08:36:17
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> what you want is to have more intelligent 'fetch' target and i can only
> agree with you. although, i don't see a reason why should we create a
> new target for re-downloading corrupted archives. this should be handled
> with 'extract' target and fall back to 'distclean' && 'fetch'.

Would it make sense to overload FAILOVER_FETCH to delete a corrupted
archive that already exists? It already does that for freshly downloaded
ones. The "reget" probably needs it's own target or it's own option, as
it makes no sense in the general case (when the size mismatchs by a few
bytes, or the short file is a text file containing an http error code).

Frederick