Subject: Re: fetching after an interupted or corrupted download
To: Sean Witham <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/22/2002 14:21:56

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 11:23:08AM +0000, Sean Witham wrote:
> Nothing but its limited to deleteing distfiles for a package. A make
> target that automaticaly checks the distfiles to see if they are
> incomplete and re-continue their downloads would be nice. A second
> target to automaticaly delete and re-download any complete distfiles
> that have been corrupted would also be useful.

i think that 'distclean', as it is obvious from its name, is for deleting
distfiles, not for regeting them. i don't see anything wrong with its
current behaviour. i reacted on greg's note about the fact that he
needed to create his own 'distclean'-like target into, which
was not neccessary because there is one already.

what you want is to have more intelligent 'fetch' target and i can only
agree with you. although, i don't see a reason why should we create a
new target for re-downloading corrupted archives. this should be handled
with 'extract' target and fall back to 'distclean' && 'fetch'.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
--                  <>   e-mail in gratuitous HTML and  \ /=
--                                       Microsoft proprietary formats   X =
-- PGPkey:                                  / \=
-- Key Fingerprint: DBEC 8BEC 9A90 ECEC 0FEF  716E 59CE B70B 7E3B 70E2     =

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see