Subject: Re: Some work on pkgsrc on Darwin
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/21/2002 19:44:28
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Randy Beaudreault wrote:

> It's not so much in charge of this effort, but to coordinate or
> oversee it so we don't have overlapping effort.  I'm late to this
> effort having only started my work on this last month, but I would
> rather bring up issues specific to this effort to the group working
> on this rather than putting them here on the tech-pkg list.  I'm not
> asking for another list, just to know who is out there working on
> this effort.  I'd much rather bring my pkgsrc-Darwin issues to this
> group than to blindly ask here for help.  (This would help me a lot
> since I could find out what's been done and what hasn't so I know
> which packages to work on/help with and not duplicate effort.)

Two thoughts:

1) Blindly ask here. :-) The more people who can answer, the more likely
you'll get an answer. Also, a number of us will probably learn from the
process. :-)

2) A loose coordination is probably good, rather than one person assigning
tasks. It's more fun, as people work on what they are interested in. Also,
we avoid introducing single points of failure in the development cycle.

Take care,

Bill