Subject: Re: fetching after an interupted or corrupted download
To: None <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/21/2002 21:19:12

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:47:58PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> On Thursday, February 21, 2002 at 15:17:25 (+0000), Sean Witham wrote:
> > With regard to fetching has any thought been given on options such=20
> > as: make refetch or make forcefetch. The former to continue an=20
> > interupted download and the latter to wipe any corrupted downloads=20
> > and start again. I know these things can be done by hand but support=20
> > in the make files might be more user friendly.
> I implemented a form of the latter (i.e. a makefile target to wipe a
> corrupted build) for myself.  It's not quite as sophisticated as
> FreeBSD's 'distclean' target.  It just does an 'rm ${_CKSUMFILES}', but
> it should probably at least re-check the hash(es) and then do 'rm -i'
> for the ones that are not actually corrupted, and it should provide the
> useful makefile hooks the FreeBSD implementation does too.

pardon me, what is wrong with NetBSD's 'distclean' target?

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
--                  <>   e-mail in gratuitous HTML and  \ /=
--                                       Microsoft proprietary formats   X =
-- PGPkey:                                  / \=
-- Key Fingerprint: DBEC 8BEC 9A90 ECEC 0FEF  716E 59CE B70B 7E3B 70E2     =

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see