Subject: Re: Some work on pkgsrc on Darwin
To: BSD Packages <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/2002 15:37:48
>Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net> writes:
>
>     > I'd like to bring my pkgsrc-Darwin related issues to this person
>     > and not bug the list with Darwin-related issues.
>
>I prefer a public mailing list and i'm sure i'm not the only one.  So
>far, Darwin work has been accepted and has not been viewed as
>off-topic for this list.  If it does become off-topic, i'd rather
>create a mailing list elsewhere than not have the discussions in
>public.
>
>Also, i don't really see what having a person in charge of Darwin on
>pkgsrc would do.  If you have patches, post them.  People with commit
>access will evaluate them when they have a chance, and they would have
>to do that whether you appoint some bogus pkgsrc-on-Darwin czar or
>not.
>
>--
>Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pretzelnet.org
>
>Conformity is a sin.

It's not so much in charge of this effort, but to coordinate or
oversee it so we don't have overlapping effort.  I'm late to this
effort having only started my work on this last month, but I would
rather bring up issues specific to this effort to the group working
on this rather than putting them here on the tech-pkg list.  I'm not
asking for another list, just to know who is out there working on
this effort.  I'd much rather bring my pkgsrc-Darwin issues to this
group than to blindly ask here for help.  (This would help me a lot
since I could find out what's been done and what hasn't so I know
which packages to work on/help with and not duplicate effort.)
--
Randy Beaudreault

"Spam in a can" - a description of the first astronauts

"Love is like solving the perfect murder.  It's good to be good,
but better to be lucky" - Det. Frank Pembleton
 From the show, "Homicide: Life On The Street"