Subject: Re: Some work on pkgsrc on Darwin
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/2002 15:25:09
Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net> writes:

    > I'd like to bring my pkgsrc-Darwin related issues to this person
    > and not bug the list with Darwin-related issues.

I prefer a public mailing list and i'm sure i'm not the only one.  So
far, Darwin work has been accepted and has not been viewed as
off-topic for this list.  If it does become off-topic, i'd rather
create a mailing list elsewhere than not have the discussions in
public.

Also, i don't really see what having a person in charge of Darwin on
pkgsrc would do.  If you have patches, post them.  People with commit
access will evaluate them when they have a chance, and they would have
to do that whether you appoint some bogus pkgsrc-on-Darwin czar or
not.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Conformity is a sin.