Subject: Re: Support for non-root installs
To: Jonathan Perkin <sketch@rd.bbc.co.uk>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/2002 14:45:51
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> Is this something someone is working on, if not would other people want
> it enough for me to work on it?  If I set $LOCALBASE to somewhere I have
> full write access to, pkg_* and source builds should just run, rather
> than trying to su (which my admin is a bit annoyed with :) or just failing
> with "Warning: not superuser, can't run mtree." or similar.

It would be nice to have non-root installs.
Not running mtree is the smallest problem I think, though.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/