Subject: Re: Some work on pkgsrc on Darwin
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/18/2002 13:12:40
Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org> writes:

    > [20:50:23] agc@fs0 ~ 3 > grep RPATH /usr/pkgsrc/mk/defs.*

Nevertheless, RPATH usage is hard-coded all over the place.

I'm disappointed at the lack of response to the rest of my work.  If
supporting Darwin is deemed inappropriate for NetBSD pkgsrc, i can
certainly understand that.  It looks like it's going to require larger
changes than originally suspected.  But if that's the case, someone
should say so and remove the current half-working support.

If, on the other hand, supporting Darwin is wanted but no one has had
the time to look at my changes yet, i can also understand that :).
Some comment would have been useful, at least.

Thanks.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

"When everyone has to reinvent the wheel, many people invent
 square wheels."