Subject: Re: Error building misc/openoffice
To: Michael Rauch <mrauch@netbsd.org>
From: Steven J. Dovich <dovich@tiac.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/15/2002 09:25:15
> As s side note: If other people are getting errors, please let me know.
> I'll take care of fixing it.

There appear to be a couple of extraneous dependencies set for this
package.  According to the my quick scan of the openoffice.org
site, the tcsh is not on their list of required software, I only
saw mention of csh.  Is it possible to remove that dependency, or
is our csh really deficient in some critical way?

Second, while the misc/openoffice package does the right thing for
detecting whether lang/gcc needs to be a dependency, devel/stlport
does not. I just saw PR pkg/15620 filed for this problem. Allow me
to second that as a fix for permitting -current systems to build
without installing a second copy of the base system compiler.

/sjd