Subject: Re: nfs mounted pkgsrc
To: Chuck Cranor <>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/13/2002 23:43:38
At 11:32 Uhr -0500 13.2.2002, Chuck Cranor wrote:
>    i used to be able to have my pkgsrc on a remote NFS server (not
>managed by me) and everything would work fine.    a while ago this
>got broken because "make install" started wanting to write to
>work/.PLIST as root:
>===> Becoming to install xcolors-1.3.
>su Password:
>install -c   xcolors /usr/X11R6/bin/xcolors
>install -c -m 0444 /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Xcolors
>install in . done
> in . done
>cannot create
>permission denied
>*** Error code 2
>is there any way to work around this?   it used to work fine.

A union mount?

/~\ The ASCII	                   "Those who are willing to sacrifice
\ / Ribbon Campaign                 essential liberties for a little order
 X  Against HTML                    will lose both and deserve neither."
/ \ Email!                                                 Benjamin Franklin