Subject: Re: sun java packages
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/12/2002 13:01:15
David Brownlee writes:
 > 	Just curious - have you confirmed that other linux binaries work
 > 	fine on the nfs client?

Yes, they work fine.

Indeed, on a second client also sharing the same /home and /usr/pkg
(and also with the /emul/linux symlink) the java application works
fine.

Further, when we unmounted the shared /usr/pkg from the first client,
installed our binary suse_*/sun-java packages locally on the client,
the java app would run, even with the same shared /usr/pkg mounted
over the local copies (and hiding the local copy).  Further, when
those local packages were subsequently deleted (which should have
returned the client to the state it originally was in) and /usr/pkg
again mounted from the server, the java app continued to run.

So, I'm completely confused.  Do the suse_* emulation packages touch
anything outside of /usr/pkg?

Cheers,
Brook