Subject: Re: devel/cdk buildlink.mk
To: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/06/2002 20:46:25
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 02:42:18PM -0500, Amitai Schlair wrote:
> I'm working on a package that would be USE_BUILDLINK_ONLY, except that
> devel/cdk doesn't have a buildlink.mk. A while ago I threw one together,
> but I don't know if it covers all the bases (I don't have a -current
> machine to try it with, for example). Can someone more familiar with
> libcdk take a look at this?
>
> http://netbsd.schmonz.com/misc/devel-cdk-buildlink.mk

This looks fine except, based on current usage[*], you need to add:

	.include "../../devel/ncurses/buildlink.mk"

somewhere before the BUILDLINK_TARGETS lines.  This is because the cdk
libraries depend on the ncurses libraries.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>

[*] fredb has been making very powerful arguments for removing the
    recursive nature of buildlink.mk files, but there is some trickiness
    with the config wrappers that needs to be addressed before we can
    flatten the buildlink.mk structure.